Tuesday, January 8, 2008

An year gone by

A year ago around this time, I made an indelible mark on the literary world, I spilled some coffee on a poetry book I had.

And in an unrelated incident, I started blogging as well.

So as I look back on the year that has gone by, I can proudly say that I have gone from being a ‘nobody’ to…well…‘Nobody’ (notice the capital ‘N’).

You being a reader of this blog are really special too. This blog is the literary equivalent of the ‘Giga Society’, the high IQ society which has the top 0.0000001% of the population. This translates to around 6 people which is approximately the number of readers that I have. So there!! You are part of a very elite and sophisticated set of people whose IQ levels are on par with Einstein’s (after he died).

I have to admit that blogging has allowed me to unleash my creativity which till now was limited to drawing on the dust on the windshield of my car, drawings that would remind you of the cave paintings by the Stone Age men. By the way, I assume men because, if you notice, the cave paintings were always on hunting. I imagine that the women were mostly yelling at their men asking them to get some real work done.

“Look honey, I drew a picture of me killing a woolly mammoth”
“So what ?, do you think ten thousand years hence anybody would give a damn !!. Why don’t you go out and hunt a squirrel instead”

But then I digress, the fact is these art works of mine were temporary since I invariably had to succumb to societal pressures and wash my car. So I decided to direct my creativity towards writing and thus began this blog which unlike my car does not need to be washed often.

I hope to continue blogging and bring to you deeply insightful views on the world around or totally useless nonsense, whichever is easier. And I also hope that as you continue to read these posts, the damage to your IQ will not be permanent.

Have a great year ahead you all…

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

The damage to our IQ is permanent and irreversible and happens every day as we become "older and wiser"! don't take it personally - it is not the result of reading your blog! ;-)

Belated New Year Greetings!

Sundari said...

Hey Aprameya,

We have something in common. Know what? I think even I have around 6 readers and that makes my blog readers too an elite lot :)

Great one as usual :)

- Sundari

daggereyes said...

Happy bloggiversary .. now I know, Nobody reads my blog :(

PS: I somehow always knew I was better than einstein.

Saaveri... said...

this is the best way to celebrate a year of blogging!! keep it up and wishing you write more fantastic blogs

Sunil said...

Great going buddy!