Tuesday, October 30, 2007

The worst of them all

I love politicians. They make dung beetles look classy.

I say this in reference to what is happening in my State right now. But it does not matter if you are not aware of the local politics of this State, I am sure you have your bunch of politicos who compete just as hard to keep the beetles on top.

The hankering for power by politicians and the total lack of any principles serves one purpose, it helps me make jokes on them.

Q: What is the difference between a politician and a soiled diaper ?.
A: The diaper

Going by the total chaos that is prevalent in the State today, it seems best to have early elections. However an election is really an expensive way for people to decide who gets to loot them this time.

I propose a much simpler and more cost effective alternative. I would like to call it the Indian Roulette. This is same as its Russian counterpart except that the gun shall have 5 bullets and 1 empty chamber. I know what you are thinking “Well, there is still a 16.66 % chance that the last one shall come out of it alive”. Well, I appreciate your concern but we have to give them a fair chance. Look at it this way, the guy who survives is someone with a lot of luck. This is precisely what we need because when intelligence is not available, luck is all that counts. As we know, governance here works more on luck than on anything else.

Alternately, we could have a game of musical chairs. The catch is that the chairs would all be electric. The atmosphere sure would be all charged up. Tacky puns aside, you get the picture right ?

But like all my other great ideas, these too will not see the light of day and shall have to be relegated to this blog.

Anyway, it appears to be that time of the month when my sarcasm hormones are fully revved up. It is not my intention to hurt anybody's sentiments by this post.

I sincerely apologize to all dung beetles.

3 comments:

Saaveri... said...

shudnt this be on the Laugh Out Loud category ?? anyway,the comparision is perfect! Consider having a Label like 'Laugh Out Loud on Current Affairs' for future such blogs,what ?? Because,if elections visit us, you could very well write ur first blog under this new Label!!
LOL!!!

Aprameya said...

Took your advice and labeled it as both.

Anonymous said...

Excellent post. Just yesterday I decided to get a ground zero opinion on the political situation from an educated auto driver on my way home and his views are more or less same as yours except that he compared netas to leeches and said that at least leeches drop off once their 18 bellies are full while the appetite netas have for illicit wealth seem to be insatiable....

Hopefully educated voters = educated decisions this time!