Monday, October 22, 2007

The best of them all

I watched Spiderman-1 again this weekend and I must say I love this guy…I mean Spiderman the character not Toby McGuire. For me Spiderman is the best of the superheroes there is and I will tell you why. If you are a Batman or a Superman fan, stop reading now and do something else like watching cartoon network…

Let's begin with Batman. Firstly, what kind of a superhero needs an assistant ?? If that isn't proof enough of his limited abilities, let me bring to your notice the very primitive means of transport that he uses...rope !!. He might as well take the bus.

I have always wondered what Batman would do if he ran out of rope. Think about it, there he is…climbing to reach the 15th storey of a building on fire and he falls short of rope on the 13th. Pretty embarrassing for a super hero, don't you think?

"Hey Robin, this is Batman calling, can you quickly run over to Wal-Mart and get me like another 30 feet of rope and while you are at it, get me a new cape as well, this one got stuck in the window sill on the 12th"

And don't even get me started on Superman. For all his super powers, he is remarkably dumb when it comes to disguise. When he is Clark Kent, all he does is wear spectacles and somehow nobody in the town can guess he is superman. I have eaten turnips that are more intelligent than the people of Metropolis. Much has been said about Superman’s underwear, my theory is that his underwear draws attention away from his face and people are so startled by his unique fashion sense that they just cannot look above his waist (of course I mean that in a non-dirty way) and all of them are thinking the same thing “How the hell does he go to the bathroom ?”

So that leaves only Spiderman, the best of the lot. Doesn't he have the coolest costume or what!! No fashion faux pas there. And unlike Batman, he never has to worry about running out of transportation support. And nothing to beat hanging upside down and kissing MJ and I must say I simply love this girl, I mean Kirsten Dunst and not MJ the character....

Let’s see Superman or Batman trying to top that one…

Go Spidey !!

Now it is time for me to get back to being an adult

1 comment:

Saaveri... said...

absolutely agree! Spidey is the best! I don't like Superman for his dress-sense(*wink*) and I dont think too high of batman bcos I hate bats! these creatures are yuck!! they gimme the creeps but Spidey is reaaaally cooool! I love the red outfit and the way he weaves his web atop the Manhattan skyline,have always fancied myself standing that high and tryin to jump LOL!! wish i never grew up :(