Thursday, January 15, 2009

Relatives for Rent

The Japanese are freaking goofy. They made robot dogs and cats and even robot humans. But this is just crazy

Rent a pet or...a relative

So now they have started renting out relatives !!.

How much dysfunctional does a society have to get before the people decide it is easier to rent friends and relatives than to actually make one. They already have an aging population, lonely young people and now this. I am betting the Japanese are going to un-breed themselves out of the human gene pool in a pretty short time. And my biggest concern is what would be the fate of Nikon, once they are all gone. Maybe the Chinese will take over but I don’t trust anything the Chinese make (they use too much vinegar). Ok, stop complaining about me being insensitive, my camera cost me a fortune, alright !!. And at least for my sake, the Japanese better get busy fixing their social life and start making more of themselves instead of indulging in this renting nonsense.

But I hate to admit, it does have its benefits. For example, this allows women a lot more choice.

“Hi, I need a partner, what do you have ?”

“All the boyfriends are taken, I have a couple of husbands, if you are interested”

“Hmm...how much for a cat ?”

Coming to think of it, I should try and use this business model on myself. I already am a friend to a bunch of thankless nerds. I might as well start charging them for it.

But in the meantime, can I have a sister-in-law to go. Preferably someone who can fix a Nikon...

No comments: