Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Help ! we lost a plane

The new Bangalore International Airport has been in the news the whole of this week. There have been both praises and curses about the new airport. To be fair, it sure does take some time for things to fall in place and hopefully it will happen soon. Although, call me pedantic if you will, I think it is fairly reasonable to expect an airport to know where its planes are. I refer to this news item
Missing plane at BIAL

Apparently, a plane went missing and the passengers were left waiting for a few hours while the authorities went around looking for the plane.

This immediately raised a whole lot of questions in my mind

1. How, the hell, does one loose a plane ?
2. What if they had lost it while it was flying ?
3. Were there any single, hot women among the waiting passengers ?

So you think the last question is totally irrelevant and out of place. Puhleease !!, that is a relevant question for all times, places and situations. Sample this :

“Hey, I volunteered at the temple today”
- Were there any single, hot women there ?

“Hey, I had been to a funeral today”
- Were there any single, hot women there ?

“Hey, I just won the longest beard competition”
- Were there any....hmm....ok, may not be relevant in all situations.

Anyway, coming back to the case of the missing plane, I can understand if they had misplaced something smaller like, I don’t know, the ignition key (“Heck, I am sure I had it in my pocket, now we have got to push this damn thing. All passengers get down....NOW”)

But loosing an airplane ??. That is something that even I can’t pull off and I loose things all the time (you should see me searching for my towel in the mornings).

The news item does not say what the authorities did next. I assume they asked their floor cleaners to look out for a missing Boeing. They finally found it hiding in the attic and managed to lure it out by dangling a biscuit. Oh wait, that’s the story of my neighbour’s cat. The plane apparently was on the tarmac the whole time. The passengers were relieved that the plane was finally found and more importantly, the pilot had the ignition key in his pocket.

So the next time you go to the airport to board your plane, just watch out for missing planes and if you find a towel lying unclaimed, let me know...

1 comment:

Saaveri... said...

damn funy, hilarious my God.. am laughing... greqat going.... superb really one of the best blogs you have written....